Friday 2 September 2011

Stir-fry Chicken with leeks


As you all probably know, I have not been posting regularly lately. I am as real as you can get. I am just a regular mom juggling with regular daily chores, evolving around my regular routine and sometimes, yeah, sometimes get to grab a cup of coffee with some close friends then off again to fetch the kids. Life seems to be a never ending cycle. It takes real courage to step back to re-evaluate what we do and why we do it. I am not a super-mom like some of my friends who can sail through motherhood and would do it all over again if given an opportunity. ‘Being a Mother’ to me is tough work. There are always sacrifices to make and promises to keep and sleepless nights when kids are sick. Life has been really just plain tiring until I step back and look at life from the Bible’s point of view. I can do everything through Christ who strenghtens me. Not by might, not by power but by my Spirit says the Lord.

All that I have today and all I can do belongs to the Lord including all my recipe posts and photographs that comes with each post. Prayerfully you are all blessed by the recipes and do keep on trying them to keep the recipes alive for our children and grand children and many more generations to come.

Ingredients

1/2 a large free-range chicken (chopped into small pieces)

3 tsp fermented whole soy beans (can be substituted with Japanese miso)

1 large organic leek (sliced slanted)

4 bulbs garlic (minced)

dark soy sauce

light soy sauce

1/4 tsp of fine sugar

white pepper

sea salt

olive oil

  1. Heat up a wok, drizzle in some olive oil. Toss in the fermented soy beans and garlic. Add in the chicken pieces and stir-fry evenly.
  2. Drizzle in some dark soy, light soy, sprinkle of sugar and a few dashes of pepper. Stirring the chicken as the seasoning is added. When the chicken is almost cooked, toss in the sliced leeks and stir some more.
  3. Add a little water or chicken stock if available. Let the leeks and chicken simmer together for a little while. If you want more soupy gravy like the above, just add more stock or water and sea salt to taste. If you like thicker gravy, just add a Tbsp of cornflour with 3 Tbsp of filtered water, then pour into the simmering dish. This will thicken the gravy.
Taken from audrey cook

    No comments:

    Post a Comment